A subscription on Gather is best for ongoing use of a space, such as a virtual office or classroom. To learn more about purchasing a one-time reservation (best for events with a specific end date), click here.
To create and make changes to your subscription, you need to be an Admin of the space. Click here to learn more about user roles.
To create, edit, or cancel your subscription, navigate to your Space Dashboard. You can get there two ways:
- From the Gather app homepage: Find the space you want to manage the subscription for. Click the three-dot menu to the right of the space name and click Manage Space.
- From within the space: Click the Main Menu button at the left of the bottom navigation bar. Click Upgrade Space.
By default, this will open to the Reservations tab. This is where you can manage your plan.
Create a Monthly Subscription
From the Space Dashboard, select the card for Monthly Plan.
The price of your plan is based on the Space Capacity you set. Space Capacity is the maximum number of concurrent users that can be in your space at the same time. For example, a virtual office with a Space Capacity of 20 users would cost $140 per month ($7 per user per month) and allow 20 users to be in the space at the same time.
We recommend choosing a space capacity slightly higher than the number of people on your team. This leaves extra room for things like interviewing candidates, holding client meetings, or other situations where guests are in your office.
After you set your Space Capacity, you'll enter your payment information. After that, you're all set -- enjoy working with your team in your new virtual office!
Interested in an annual plan? Contact our Sales Team to discuss Enterprise features and an annual discount.
Increase or Decrease Subscription Space Capacity
Once you've created your subscription, there are two ways you can adjust your Space Capacity:
- Increase/Decrease the Space Capacity of your subscription. This is best for "permanent" adjustments to your Space Capacity. For example, if you hire more people onto your team or bring another department from your company into your virtual office.
- Create a temporary reservation on top of your subscription. This is best for temporarily increasing your Space Capacity. For example, if only a portion of your team works in Gather every day but you want to hold a full company social or retreat in the space.
To increase/decrease the Space Capacity of your subscription:
- From the Reservation Tab of the Space Dashboard, find your subscription and click Manage
- Click Update space capacity
- Enter the new capacity
- If increasing space capacity, prorated charges will be displayed and your capacity will increase immediately.
- If decreasing space capacity, the changes will take effect after your next billing cycle.
- Click Update subscription or Pay to finalize the changes
If you reduce your space capacity, the changes will take effect after your next billing cycle. We are unable to issue refunds for the prorated amount.
To create a temporary reservation on top of your subscription:
- From the Reservation Tab of the Space Dashboard, click the Temporary reservations toggle.
- Click New temporary reservation.
- Select your space capacity, timezone, and start and end date of your event. Your reservation will start at 12:00 AM on the start date and end at 11:59 PM on the end date based on the timezone selected.
- Click on Next: Payment
- Fill out your payment details or select the invoice option and click the Pay button on the right.
The user capacity of this reservation will be added on top of your subscription's capacity. For example, if you have a subscription for 30 concurrent users and you create a reservation for 20, you’ll have the capacity for 50 concurrent users during you temporary reservation.
Update Credit Card and Billing Information
If you need to edit your credit card or billing information, you can do so from the Space Dashboard.
- From the Reservation Tab of the Space Dashboard, find your billing information and click on Update
- Click on Update card
- Enter your new card information and billing details and click Save Changes
If you have an unpaid invoice, the new credit card will be used to pay it. Otherwise, the changes will go into effect on the next subscription renewal date.
Cancel your Subscription
If you need to cancel your Gather subscription, you can do so from the Space Dashboard.
- From the Reservation Tab of the Space Dashboard, find your subscription and click on Manage
- Click Cancel my subscription
- Follow the prompts and click Continue with cancelation
Your subscription will stay active until the end of the billing cycle.
You will still be able to access your space after the subscription has been cancelled. It will exist on our Free Plan, so your space settings and uploaded assets will remain the same. To fully the remove the space from our system, you can delete it.
- No, we don't currently offer a refund for prepaid subscription fees.
- Please allow up to 15 minutes for the changes to take effect. Our system needs to reallocate server resources based on the updated capacity, which could take a few minutes.
- Discount codes aren't currently recognized when changing the capacity of a subscription. If you have a discount code currently applied and need to change space capacity, you'll need to cancel the subscription and create a new one with the new amount and discount code. Please reach out to us if you've lost your discount code.
- No. You'll need to either: (1) Create a one-time reservation on top of your subscription (for discounts that temporarily increase space capacity) or (2) Contact Support and we can help.