Are you a master of spatial reasoning? Test your prowess against your friends in our Jstris Tournament template!
- Setup: You can play tetris any time in your Space by adding it as an object, or you can use our special Tetris Tournament template, shown in this article! The template is available in the Experiences section at https://app.gather.town/create, or you can add it as a Room to your Space. The Tetris Tournament is also sometimes available as a social in the Rec Room object in Remote Work Spaces. To invite players, just send them the Space URL!
- Participation Difficulty: 🟢 (easy)
- Players: 8-32 (Up to 25 people can be in the Space for free. Spectators can mill around to watch and chat!)
- Emcee: Optional
- Average Time: 15-60 minutes
Tip: Jstris is the Gather-integrated version of the famous Tetris block game.
Divide into groups across battlefields A, B, C, and D. Press "x" to join the game. You are assigned a random name when you join the game. As you play, you can see the screens of those you are battling (who have pressed "x" on the same game you did).
The winners of Round 1 proceed up the map. Winners from A and B move up to E, and winners of C and D move up to F. Spectators can gather 'round to watch!
Tip: To watch instead of play, press "x" to join the game. Then type "/spec" in the command box.
Winners from E and F head face off in the Final Game, battling side by side at the game cabinet.
Pre, during, or post Tetris Tourney, you can include some or all of the following activities, most of which are at your fingertips online:
- Make a Tetris jams playlist
- Watch famous Tetris battles (yes, it's a thing!)
- Watch Tetris-related documentaries
- Encourage people to dress up as their favorite Tetris piece. Don't forget to take a screenshot!
Pro Tip: Click Settings under your game board to personalize your setup, from keyboard shortcuts to cat-face block skins.