Discover unknown soulmates and shared experiences with our Speed Gathering template! Participants pair up and answer quick conversation starters, then switch seats to chat with a new partner every few minutes.
- Setup Difficulty: ⭐⭐⭐☆☆ (3 out of 5)
- Participation Difficulty: ⭐⭐☆☆☆ (2 out of 5)
- Players: 5-25
- Emcee: Necessary
- Average Time: 30-60 minutes
- Media: Speed Gathering slides (provided), a timer
As people enter the Speed Gathering room, direct them to sit at one of the 12 tables of paired chairs.
Tip: Have an odd number of participants? Add a chair to one of the tables! Just make sure to add the chair to the private area so all 3 can see and hear each other. (Read about private areas if you need help!)
When everyone is ready to begin, step onto the spotlight tile and read a conversation prompt. (Just press "x" at the podium if you want to use our pre-built slide deck!) Start a timer for that round. We suggest 2 minutes so each person has 1 minute to answer.
When the 2 minutes is up, ask the inner and/or the outer circle to follow the arrows to the next chair.
Tip: The Speed Gathering template includes a set of questions in Google Slides. Use as is, or in Google Drive, go to File > Make a Copy to make it your own!
- Open the pre-built slides (or your own slides) in a separate browser window. Then, you can screenshare that browser window so that you as the emcee can see the room while the room sees the slides.
- If you have less than 24 people and want to remove seats, click Build in the Left Nav Menu. Then click Erase and click on the tables and chairs you need to remove.
- If you have more than 24 people, we recommend spinning up a larger room and following this design. Remember that each pair of chairs and table is a separate private area.
- Just search for "conversation starters" online - you'll find a bajillion things to ask.