Discover unknown soulmates and shared experiences with our Speed Gathering template! Participants pair up and answer quick conversation starters, then switch seats to chat with a new partner every few minutes.
- Setup: The Speed Gathering template is available in the Experiences section at https://app.gather.town/create and you can also add it as a Room to your Space. To invite players, just send them the Space URL!
- Participation Difficulty: 🟢 (easy)
- Players: 5-25 (Up to 25 people can be in the Space for free)
- Emcee: Necessary
- Average Time: 30-60 minutes
- Media: Speed Gathering slides (provided), a timer
As people enter the Speed Gathering room, direct them to sit at one of the 12 tables of paired chairs.
Tip: Have an odd number of participants? Add a chair to one of the tables! Just make sure to add the chair to the private area so all 3 can see and hear each other. (Read about private areas if you need help!)
When everyone is ready to begin, step onto the spotlight tile and read a conversation prompt. (Just press "x" at the podium if you want to use our pre-built slide deck!) Start a timer for that round. We suggest 2 minutes so each person has 1 minute to answer.
When the 2 minutes is up, ask the inner and/or the outer circle to follow the arrows to the next chair.
Tip: The Speed Gathering template includes a set of questions in Google Slides. Use as is, or open this version to make a copy!
- Open the pre-built slides (or your own slides) in a separate browser window. Then, you can screen share that browser window so that you as the emcee can see the room while the room sees the slides.
- If you have less than 24 people and want to remove seats, select Build in the toolbar. Then select Erase and select the tables and chairs you need to remove.
- If you have more than 24 people, we recommend creating a larger room and following this design. Remember that each pair of chairs and table is a separate private area.
- Just search for "conversation starters" online - you'll find a bajillion things to ask