Are you an expert at knowing when Frank from IT is lying to you? Can you fool Sam from HR into believing you have a pet turtle named Gonzo? Well then, poker night just might be the Gather experience for you!
Note: You may be in a Gather Space that already has poker as part of the template. You can also add a poker game to your Space at any time through the Object Picker in the Games section.
- Setup Difficulty: ⭐☆☆☆☆ (1 out of 5)
- Participation Difficulty: ⭐⭐☆☆☆ (2 out of 5, for knowing how to play poker)
- Players: 2-10 (per game)
- Emcee: Not needed
- Average Time: As long or short as you like, but generally 15-30 minutes
Bet, Check, or Fold?
To start your poker game, players just walk up to the game and press "x."
Note: The first person who starts the game is the gamemaster who has to approve all buy-ins.
Tip: The poker within Gather is provided from a third-party, LiPoker. You don't play with real money—just virtual.
When you press "x," you'll be prompted to enter your name to join the game. (Entering a password is optional.) You can choose to Spectate or Play.
As each person joins the game and buys in, the gamemaster must approve their buy-in. Next, make your first bets! You can tell whose turn it is by the teal circle displaying around the person's name/seat, as well as the chat log.
- Because LiPoker is a third-party tool, we don't provide complete instructions on how their interface works. You can get in touch with them on Twitter if you have questions about the poker game, itself.
- If you're planning a social, share a poker basics article or video for newbies.
- Curate a YouTube playlist of great poker matches to watch between games.
- Perfect your poker face by wearing sunglasses or other clever disguises. Make sure to update your Gather character to match!