Our team has incorporated several pre-set games in our Object Picker. These games are set up so that you can join private games within your Gather space, so you can play while also video chatting with friends! You can add any of these games into your pre-existing Space, or you can use a Game Room template to create a Space full of games!
Add a Game to Your Space
To quickly and easily add a game in your Space, just click Build in the toolbar. Type the name of the game you want to use, or just type "game" to see a full list. When you've picked the game you want, place it in your Space.
Existing Game Integrations
The following is a list of games that are available for you within Gather. You can find out more about the games and how they work on their respective websites below.
- Tetris: https://jstris.jezevec10.com
- Codenames: https://netgames.io/games/codewords/
- Poker: https://lipoker.io/
- Set: https://setwithfriends.com/
- Skribbl: https://skribbl.io/
- Sudoku: https://sudoku.gather.town/
- Survive: https://surviv.io
- Catan-esque game: https://colonist.io/
- Dominion: https://dominion.games
- Crosswords: https://downforacross.com/
- Fishbowl: https://fishbowl-game.com
- One Night Werewolf: https://netgames.io/games/onu-werewolf/
- Draw Battle: https://drawbattle.io/
- Piano: https://musiclab.chromeexperiments.com/Shared-Piano/#pTf9y7kT6
- Witch Dice: https://witchdice.com/simple/gather-RAmKIsRU70jQ0U9itable2
Note: We don't own any of the games in the object picker. If you are interested in reaching out to us to develop a possible integration for your website or game, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with "Game Integration" in your subject line!
Embed an External Game
You can embed a game from outside Gather if the site allows embedding. Open the Mapmaker, then open the Object Picker. Search for an object (e.g., Game Box) and select Embedded Website. Then copy and paste the URL of the game you want to embed.
Tip: You can embed a game in Gather that (a) is available online at an https:// URL and (b) allows embedding. You may need to create a private game ahead of time and use that URL.
Use a Game Room Template
You can also easily spin up one of our Game Room templates at https://app.gather.town/create/, which come in three sizes: small (2-25), medium (25-50), or large (50-100). These templates feature tables set up with our integrated games throughout the Space. Typically the tables are private areas, so you've got to take a seat at the table to see and hear each other.
Note: Keep in mind the integrated games may have their own limits of number of players. The size of the templates are relative to the number of guests they can accommodate.