Your boat’s engine won’t start, and you’ve got one chance to get off this island! Work together as a team to solve puzzles and conquer all five levels before you miss your ride home.
- Setup: Escape the Island creates a unique instance of the Space each time you select Play with friends from Gather's Explore tab. You can copy and paste the URL of your unique escape room to share with friends, but you'll also be prompted to invite friends when you enter the Space.
- Participation Difficulty: 🟡 (a little tricky, but that's just to solve the puzzles!)
- Players: 2-6 (While up to 25 people can be in the Space for free, we recommend no more than 6 people attempt the escape room at a time. If you have more than 6 people, create an additional escape room!)
- Emcee: Not needed
- Average Time: 30-60 minutes
Escape the Island
- Step 1: From the Explore tab of https://app.gather.town/app, select Play with Friends. A unique instance of the escape room will be created.
- Step 2: Choose your character, provide permissions for your camera and mic, and enter the escape room.
- Step 3: Invite your friends by adding their emails or copying the link from the Invite pop-up.
- Step 1: When all players are in the Space (2-6 people), walk to the bottom left corner to pick up walkie-talkies to talk to your team.
- Step 2: Pick up your tickets.
- Step 3: Walk through the Departures door. Careful! The timer starts when you enter through the doors.
- Step 4: Escape the island!
- Type /hint in the Chat if you need help!
- Want to plan an escape room for more than 6 people? Just create multiple escape room Spaces and share each URL with 2-6 people (for example, if you had 50 people, you might create 10 links).
- Spread hype by sharing our 30-second YouTube promo video: https://youtu.be/eScA8MN1FwU
- Share your results on social media! Tag us with #escapetheisland
- Run out of time or want to beat your record? You can try again any time you want! (Just return to the Explore tab of https://app.gather.town/app to create a new version of the escape room.)