Can't meet up with your friends face to face? Need a good icebreaker activity for a work social? Sitting at home, twiddling your thumbs? Try out our Dungeon Escape! Navigate through three levels, interacting with objects and people in our escape room to solve puzzles and find freedom.
- Setup: The Dungeon Escape template is only available in the Experiences section at https://app.gather.town/create, so you must create a new Space to enjoy it. To invite players, just send them the Space URL!
- Participation Difficulty: 🟡 (a little tricky, but that's just to solve the puzzles!)
- Players: 1-20 (Up to 25 people can be in the Space for free, but the escape generally works best in small groups)
- Emcee: Not needed
- Average Time: 20-60 minutes
Explore the Tavern
When you first enter the Dungeon Escape Space, you enter a tavern. Throughout the tavern, notes and interactive objects give you basic tips and tricks for your escape. Press the x key to view and close the notes.
Reviewed the notes in the tavern? Looks like you're ready to get started. Good luck!
Tip: Need to get back to the tavern? Just click your personal menu in the toolbar, then select Respawn.
Escape the Dungeon
The following screenshots offer a few pointers for navigating the dungeon. For example, there are all different types of doors in Gather. Some let you go through walls.
Watch out for the guards! They are mischievous and will pull you off path of success.
Notes are super important, and often give you key information about what you need to do first.
Look out for portals that advance you in the map.
Need some perspective? Turn off Smart Zoom in User Settings (Ctrl/⌘+P) and zoom out for a bird's eye view of the level.
- Make everyone take a drink (of water!) every time someone gets booted back to the beginning of the level.
- Set a timer and give out awards or bragging rights to the team or person who finishes fastest.