Note: Currently, we allow spaces to have 25 concurrent users for free. On February 21st, we'll be lowering the free user capacity to 10 users. We invite our customers currently on a free plan with more than 10 concurrent users to upgrade to a paid plan and enjoy the extra benefits including access to premium customer support, a new guest management experience [coming soon], and meeting recordings [coming soon].
You've created a Space in Gather, and now you're ready to make a reservation or subscription - fantastic! You can easily set up and manage reservations or subscription for your Space using the Space dashboard. Note that you can make a one-time reservation at any time prior to the start of your event and continue to edit your Space before, during, and after your reservation. For subscriptions, you aren't able to edit the capacity at this time. You'd need to cancel a subscription and create a new one with the new capacity.
Create a Reservation
Head to your Space dashboard. The Reservations tab is active by default in the Left Nav Menu of the dashboard. If it is not already selected, click Create Reservation.
Select a Reservation Type
We offer two different types of reservations to meet your needs. By creating a reservation, your Space moves onto our Premium servers while the reservation is active. You also have access to additional moderation features that are not available for Free Spaces.
- One-time Event ($3/user): Perfect for conferences, festivals, and longer running events. You can specific the date and time your reservation will start and end, and we guarantee to give you the best cost.
Note: Events longer than 48 hours automatically receive the monthly subscription discount, so you never pay more than the monthly subscription price of $7 per user.
- Monthly ($7/user): Ideal for remote offices, classrooms, gaming communities, and more. Your subscription auto-renews every 30 days (beginning from today or your selected start date), and you are automatically charged monthly. You will receive an email reminder every month that your payment is coming up.
After you click Select on your desired reservation plan, the cost calculator opens and dynamically totals your cost based on your Space capacity and Start/End dates and times. It will also automatically reflect discounts and any cost savings we auto-apply.
- Space capacity: The maximum number of people who might be in the Space at the same time. (Space capacity does not need to be the total number of people who might visit—just the max you expect to be in the Space at the same time. Read more about determining Space capacity.)
- Time zone: Defaults to your computer's time zone. Select a different option if you're planning an event outside your time zone.
- Start: Select the date and time for your event to begin.
Warning: You must click on the day in the calendar to select the date. You cannot choose a start time in the past. If you enter the current time, the Space will not become active for at least 15 minutes.
- End: Select the date and time for your event to end.
Note: If you select the Monthly subscription option, you do not select an End date and time.
- Discount code: Toggle the option on and enter a discount code, if applicable. Click Apply.
- Dynamic calculation: Displays the (reservation type) x (Space capacity) x (reservation length).
- Monthly Price Guarantee: If applicable, this displays the amount you save when we auto-apply the best price for you.
- Discount Code: If applicable, this displays the type of discount code and the amount the discount saves you.
- Total: Total amount owed in U.S. dollars.
- Pay by invoice: Select to receive an invoice with the complete details of your reservation. The invoice must be paid prior to the reservation start time.
When you have entered your information, select Continue. You will be directed to either make a payment either via credit card or an invoice.
Make a Payment
There are two main methods to pay for your reservation: by credit card or by invoice. We use Stripe to manage all payments and refunds. Stripe stores your payment and billing information. Gather only stores information about the reservation details, such as the Space capacity, Start/End time, and whether the reservation has been paid.
Note: If your organization needs a complete record of reservation and billing details, a purchase number, and options for payment by credit card, wire transfer, or check, select Pay by Invoice. Just make sure to make your payment prior to the Start Date!
After you click Continue in the Calculate Cost window, the Payment Information window displays. Enter all your billing information, including your credit card details and your billing address. You may enter your Tax ID, if desired. Select the purpose for your reservation, which helps us understand how you use Gather.
When you have completed all required fields, click Continue.
Read the terms and select the checkboxes to confirm you understand the terms and conditions of Gather and of your reservation. Review your reservation information to confirm that all details are correct. If you need to make any changes, click Back. To proceed with the reservation, click the Pay button.
A success message will briefly display in the top right corner of the window. Your new reservation now displays in the Active & Upcoming tab of Reservations.
From the Calculate Cost window, you can select to Pay by Invoice.
Click Continue. In the Pay by Invoice window, enter event information, the billing address, Purchase Order Number or Tax ID, if applicable, and the email address to receive the invoice. Select the purpose for your reservation, which helps us understand how you use Gather and determines your use case.
When all required fields are complete, click Get Invoice. You will receive an email with complete event and billing details.
Read the terms and select the checkboxes to confirm you understand the terms and conditions of Gather and of your reservation. Review your reservation information to confirm that all details are correct. If you need to make any changes, click Back. To proceed with the reservation, click the Pay button to generate your invoice.
A success message will briefly display in the top right corner of the window. Your new reservation now displays in the Pending tab of Reservations. You will receive your invoice at the email address specified in the invoice details. When you are ready to pay, you can do so through your email invoice, or by going to the Pending reservations tab and clicking Pay Now. A Stripe window will open, providing you payment options.
Alert: Invoices must be paid in full and in advance of your Gather reservation; otherwise your event will not become active.
- Finalize your reservation at least 30 minutes before the start of your event. (It takes approximately 15 minutes for updates to carry down to our servers.)
- Estimate on the lower side for your Space capacity. You can always increase the capacity during the event.