Planning a holiday party in Gather? Add a festive tree! Nothing brings people together like decorating a tree—debating the best branch for the panda ornament to be on, how many candy canes is too many, and whether the tree topper should be a star, angel, or ham. Just pick your Space, add a tree, turn on Global Build, and throw your party!
- Setup: Just add a tree to your Space, then turn on Global Build!
- Participation Difficulty: 🟢 🟢 (Super easy)
- Players: As many as your Map/reservation allows!
- Emcee: Not needed
- Average Time: 30-60 minutes
- Media: Christmas tree image (included below) + any custom images
Pick Your Space
You can add a tree to any Map, or pick out one of our seasonal Maps. (Our Family Gathering (Christmas) Maps already have trees in them, so you can use that tree or you can always add another!)
Add the Tree
If you want a giant tree without any decorations on it, you'll need to save the tree image below. (Just right click and choose Save As and save as a .png).
Then head to your Space, open the Object Picker, and upload the tree as a custom object. (You may want to add the tree from the Mapmaker so you can pick the perfect spot and move any objects out of the way.)
Tip: If you want to prevent people from walking over the tree, add Impassable tile effects on the tree!
Turn on Global Build
For everyone to decorate the tree, you'll need to turn on Global Build. Open Settings, and under Space Customization, toggle on Global Build.
With Global Build on, anyone in the Space can select Build in the toolbar, then select Open object picker to browse for tree decoration. (You can search for "ornament" or you can just put whatever you want on the tree!)
Throw Your Party
Now you're ready to host your party! Remember, Gather is free for up to 25 people in the same Space at the same time!
Tip: Hosting a larger party? Create a reservation!
- Use Chrome and share your tab audio to stream holiday music (we fully expect "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" to be on it).
- Decorate a tree for any holiday - make a spooky black tree festooned with tiny carved pumpkins!
- Upload custom objects as ornaments! Just make sure to save as a .png with a transparent background, and keep in mind that a tile is 32 x 32 px, so your ornament dimensions should probably be smaller than that.