The Map of your Space is essentially a sandwich: the bottom bread is the background, the middle layer is the characters and objects, and the top bread is the foreground. When you create your Space starting with one of our templates, we have created the background (and possibly a foreground) for you already. In the Mapmaker, you have the opportunity to download the background or foreground or to upload your own.
- Downloaded images will open in a new tab, and you can right click to save the image to your device.
- Download the background and foreground if you want to:
- Edit the image in an external art editor
- Share your awesome background with a mapmaking community
- Get a copy of a template's original background if you accidentally delete the background in your Space
- Warning! If your Space already has a background image (which is typical for a Space created using our templates), using the Background Painter (selecting Walls & Floors in the Mapmaker) will delete the existing background.
- If you are uploading your own images, double check that you are not uploading foregrounds into the background location. This will create black screens and loading issues.