Meeting Recording is now out of beta and rolling out slowly to paid remote work offices. Meeting Recording is not available for spaces on our free plan or free trial. It's also not available for events, classrooms, or communities.
What Can Be Recorded
- Screen Recording can be used while at a desk or in a Private Area
- Only the meeting in Gather will be recorded, not your entire screen
- Recordings will include both video and audio of the meeting from the perspective of the recording bot
- Recordings can be up to 24 hours long
How to Record a Meeting
- Click the Screen Recording button on the bottom navigation bar and select Start Recording. All people present will be notified with a consent pop-up.
- As the person who started the recording, you will see an Initiating progress bar.
- While recording is in progress, those in the meeting will see a camera bot appear in desk space or private area, as well as an indicator over the screen and avatar of the user doing the recording.
- You can end the recording at any time by clicking the recording button again.
- Once the recording has ended, it will automatically download to your local device. You will see a Processing your recording... pop-up that shows the download progress.
- After processing is complete, you will be prompted to specify the download location or download later. By default, the recording will download to your downloads folder.
- You can also retrieve the most recent recording by clicking on the recording icon. Please note, that the recordings will only be held for 24 hours before they're purged.
Enable or Disable Screen Recording
Space admins can turn Screen Recording on/off for the entire space and control which roles have permission to record. To do this, go to your Space Settings -> Screen Recording.
Guests cannot initiate screen recordings at this time.
The number of hours you can record in a month is limited based on your paid space capacity. You are allowed 2 hours per user per month, and the total number of recording hours is shared by all members.
For example, if you are paying for 40 users per month, you have 80 recording hours to use per month (40 x 2 = 80). Here are a few other things to keep in mind about your recording limits:
- Recording hours replenish monthly based on your subscription start date.
- Recording hours do not roll over every month.
- Increasing your space capacity will immediately increase your recording hours. For example, if you add 10 users in the middle of the month, you'll get 20 more recording hours for the rest of the month.
- Decreasing your capacity doesn't change your available recording hours until the next billing cycle.
- Admins will be emailed when they hit 50%, 75%, 90%, and 100% of their space's recording limit for the month.
Troubleshooting Unexpected behavior
|Issue||What to check||Explanation|
|I can't record a meeting.||