Ready to host your first Gather event? We've split the process into four steps and conclude with support materials for hosts and guests.
Step 1: Create an Account
You need an account to manage all the amazing Spaces you're going to make! Creating an account and signing in are the same process—use your Google credentials or enter your email at https://gather.town/signin.
Step 2: Choose Your Event Space
Use the event checklist at https://app.gather.town/get-started (also available by selecting Create Event from your Gather homepage, https://app.gather.town/app). The event checklist will walk you through picking the perfect Space and nailing down the details. You'll start by entering your event details, and then you'll be able to select the Space for your event. There are three options for picking your event Space:
- Pick a template: Browse our wide variety of templates—you'll be able to customize it and make it your own!
- Link to an existing Space: Already have a Space and want to host your event in it? Awesome!
- Work with a Partner: Need help making your vision a reality? Work with a Gather-approved Ambassador.
Tip: Read a complete walk-through of the events checklist.
If you want to start with a completely blank Space, go to https://app.gather.town/create, where you can review all templates or select Start from blank.
If you're starting from scratch, be sure to check out:
- Build Tool Overview - Find out how to quickly and easily decorate your Space.
- Mapmaker Overview - Learn our in-house map editing tool.
- Custom Map Overview - Get a review of how to create a completely custom Space in Gather.
- Map Design Best Practices - Familiarize yourself with Gather-specific design considerations.
- Mapmaker YouTube Playlist - Watch video tutorials of how to customize your Space.
Step 3: Make a Reservation
Gather is free for up to 10 people in the same Space at the same time! If you have more than 10 guests, or would like to host your Space on a Premium server for greater reliability and access to our Premium features, such as more extensive moderation controls, you can make a reservation for your Space.f
Reservations and upgrades are made through your Space dashboard, which is tied specifically to each individual Space (not your account).
Tip: There are a few ways to get to your Space dashboard. From inside your Space, select the Home icon in the Left Nav Menu, then select Upgrade Space.
For more information regarding pricing and making a reservation, check out the following links!
- Our Pricing Page - Review the available plans, use the pricing calculator, see the difference between free and Premium Spaces, and check out the FAQs.
- Create a Reservation - Learn how to create a reservation for your event.
- Reservation YouTube tutorial - Watch how to make a reservation on your dashboard.
Step 4: Invite Your Guests
Now you're ready to host your first Gather party! The quickest way to invite guests is by copying your Space's URL and sending that link to your guests. For other invite options, take a look at:
- Invite Your Guests - Choose an option for inviting people to your Gather Event
- Space Access Permissions - Learn more about setting a Space password, using a guest list, or restricting access by email domain.