Our team has incorporated several pre-set games in our Object Picker. These games are set up so that you can join private games within your Gather space, so you can play while also video chatting with friends! You can add any of these games into your pre-existing Space, or you can use a Game Room template to create a Space full of games!
Add a Game to Your Space
To quickly and easily add a game in your Space, just click Build in the toolbar. Type the name of the game you want to use, or just type "game" to see a full list. When you've picked the game you want, place it in your Space.
Existing Game Integrations
The following is a list of games that are available for you within Gather. You can find out more about the games and how they work on their respective websites below.
- Tetris: https://jstris.jezevec10.com
- Codenames: https://netgames.io/games/codewords/
- Poker: https://lipoker.io/
- Set: https://setwithfriends.com/
- Dominion: https://dominion.games
- Crosswords: https://downforacross.com/
- Fishbowl: https://fishbowl-game.com
- One Night Werewolf: https://netgames.io/games/onu-werewolf/
- Draw Battle: https://drawbattle.io/
- Piano: https://musiclab.chromeexperiments.com/Shared-Piano/#pTf9y7kT6
- Witch Dice: https://witchdice.com/simple/gather-RAmKIsRU70jQ0U9itable2
- Golf Royale: https://golfroyale.io/
- GuessMe!: https://guessme.io/
- Top Four: https://topfour.io/
Note: We don't own any of the games in the object picker.
Embed an External Game
You can embed a game from outside Gather if the site allows embedding. Open the Mapmaker, then open the Object Picker. Search for an object (e.g., Game Box) and select Embedded Website. Then copy and paste the URL of the game you want to embed.
Tip: You can embed a game in Gather that (a) is available online at an https:// URL and (b) allows embedding. You may need to create a private game ahead of time and use that URL.
Use the Team Social Room in Your Office
You can easily add a Game Room to your office by selecting the Board Game Night option when setting up your social room. If you've selected a Remote Work Office template, the Office Socials maps has automatically been added to your Space. Enter this area by crossing the small bridge connected to your office. If you've selected the Team Social template, you're automatically taken to the social courtyard.
Note: Keep in mind the integrated games may have their own limits of number of players. The size of the templates are relative to the number of guests they can accommodate.
Add a Game Room to Your Custom Map
If you've not used a Remote Work or Team Social template, you can add a game room to your map in Map Maker. Simply Add a Room and select one of the three game rooms (small, medium, or large).